Wednesday 30 July 2014

Lost In Ibadan


My car has been having different issues lately and so it spent a lot of time at the mechanics while i went back to my Okada hopping ways and today, after spending more than two weeks i got to drive it again. I had errands to run for my dad and on my way back i decided to take what i thought was a shortcut. I ended up roaming in the most rural areas of Ibadan completely lost. I visited some areas for the first time today, i felt i would still come out at a reasonable location if i kept going straight so i did, but after a long time on unfamiliar very narrow roads i decided to turn left and see where that road led. After a while i decided to buy gasoline has the gauge doesn't work and i wasn't sure of how much was left in the tank. Immediately i made my way into the filling station my roadmachine went offline. I thanked my stars it didn't happen in the middle of the road and went on to fill my tank thinking it was an empty tank that got it to go off, but well it wasn't. Turns out the radiator the mechanic was supposed to fix was now worse than before and it had swallowed up the three liters of water i put in it before heading out and was now empty.  Had to wait for more than thirty minutes to fill it again with six sachets of pure water before being able to continue my quest to find familiar land, the people around were very nice and helpful by the way. Long story short when i got home the radiator was dry again, i'm just praying this situation hasn't caused further damage to my ride.

Moral Lesson: Avoid unknown shortcuts and get a good mechanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment