Monday 29 July 2013

The Dark- A Kid's Nemesis

     As a kid I was scared of the dark, there was always a lantern in the hallway at night to keep my room from being completely dark. I always imagined there was a ghost, witch or strange creature lurking in the darkness and my mom's love for nollywood movies (Yoruba movies in particular) wasn't helping matters. When in the dark, everything took a different shape, the curtains came alive, any shirt or article of clothing hung up looked like a creature stationed there to gaze at me and creep me out, my means of escape was to replace that darkness with an even stronger and more absolute darkness where i wouldn't see anything move, I would sleep with my pillow covering my eyes (or a teddy whichever was closer) and so for as long as i can remember i've never slept with a pillow under my head because i got used to the pillowless lifestyle.
     A ll my fears were a product of superstition come to life in my mind and yes if you were wondering I'm no longer afraid of the dark that ended years ago what do you take me for.

No comments:

Post a Comment