Friday 16 May 2014

MY TURNING POINT

I have made some mistakes in my past which lead to some bad experiences but one of my worse experiences happened to me when I was 5 years old. When I was 5 years old we were still living in Ikeja in a flat, I am the last child among four children, I shared a room with my immediate elder brother which is 9 years older than me, the beds where double bunk beds. At 5 years old I was going through a phase which I will call curious stage when I will always test and see how things work. One day my curiosity got the better of me, I was playing with a lighter when I mistakenly dropped it on the bed at first I didn’t panic because I thought the fire won’t spread fast and even though I could go out of the room and call my siblings who were watching a movie in the living room but that is when I got it all wrong. The bed caught fire immediately then it spread to the top bed in less than 10seconds I ran to the door to open it that is when I remembered something vital my room door had a problem it couldn’t be opened from the inside only the outside. 

This is when I started shouting and hitting the door with all my might because the fire at the time had spread to all part of the room. I continued hitting the door and shouting in 40seconds time the fire had reached close to the door were I was standing. I gave up and turned back to look at the fire, I just stood still looking at the flames coming closer and closer to me I could feel the intensity of the heat on my skin all that was on my mind at that moment was how painful my death will be and my life didn't flash before my eyes becuase i hadn't done anything significant in life yet .  It came so close that it burnt part of my hair then suddenly the door opened…. it was my siblings standing at the door, they dragged me out and we all went out of the house can’t really remember what happened from there on, I just get flash back from time to time and the experience still haunts me.  All I can remember is that fire fighters came later and my parents came back asking what happened it took a while but I told them what I could remember of what happened.   

 
From my experience I learnt to appreciate life more, I try to live each day happy because you can never know what will happen tomorrow life is full of unexpected situation even if you think or know something will happen it can change, success and failure are intertwined. So to me life as a constant variable, life is a certain alteration, life is a sure fluctuation ….. LIFE IS A DEFINITELY MAYBE.


6 comments:

  1. hmmmm.. dat is all i can say; hmm. #deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude u should have let the fire kill u nah. Then u would have been reborn as some cool marvel character.
    1) Prince of Flames
    2) Fire daemon
    3) Burnad(lol)
    I had a similar experience. In my own case momsy took my bro and ran out of the apartment building while my dad had the bright idea to jump off the balcony. Now u can guess whose my favorite parent no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude u shld av allowed urself to b killed by d fire so we won't av to read dis nonsense. Just kidding, nice post.

    ReplyDelete